Sunday, January 3, 2010

Top 25 Songs of 2009

For this list, I'm being a little lazy. No explanations, no descriptions, just a list with links. Oh, and when I do a top songs list, I only have artists represented once. Did I think "Summertime Clothes" from Animal Collective was a better song than, say, #21 or #24 on my list? Yeah, but if I did repeats, it'd be all The xx, Animal Collective and Fuck Buttons and that would be boring. So, now that you know the rules...

1. The xx - Crystalised

2. Animal Collective - My Girls

3. Fuck Buttons - Surf Solar/Olympians/Flight of the Feathered Serpent (pick one, because I couldn't)

4. The Raveonettes - Last Dance

5. The Big Pink - Velvet

6. Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks

7. Neko Case - People Got a Lotta Nerve

8. The Pains of Being Pure At Heart - The Tenure Itch

9. Phoenix - 1901

10. Empire of the Sun - Walking On a Dream

11. Passion Pit - Little Secrets

12. Wild Light - California On My Mind

13. Discovery - Can You Discover?

14. Miike Snow - Animal (Treasure Fingers Remix)

15. Camera Obscura - French Navy

16. Au Revoir Simone - Knight of Wands

17. Pet Shop Boys - Love Etc.

18. Julian Plenti - Games For Days

19. Thunderheist - Sweet 16

20. Fever Ray - Seven

21. Japandroids - Heart Sweats

22. Jack Peñate - Pull My Heart Away

23. Röyksopp - The Girl and the Robot

24. Bat For Lashes - Daniel

25. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Zero (Filmed in SF! Hey, that's my friend, Nako, at the 4:00 mark! Whoa!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I play records at WXRT in Chicago. 93.1 on the FM dial. 93xrt.com as well.