Monday, May 19, 2008

The Cure @ Allstate, 5/17/08

OK, first read this piece from someone who knows how to write.

Now, my thoughts...

I thought they sounded incredible. The review in the Trib was talking about sound issues and Robert having problems with his voice. Really? Uhhh, I may be an idiot, but I didn't notice any of that stuff. I thought the sound was good and Bob's voice was in fine form. My ride had to bail a bit early, so I missed the tail end of the show, but I did enjoy "The Walk," "One Hundred Years," "Plainsong," to name a few... Interesting hearing the band with no keys. Porl Thompson and Bob's guitar licks take the place of some of the keyboard parts, so it was fun to hear a different, some would say more of a rock spin on some of the older tunes we're used to hearing with synth and keys. I was super satisfied with the whole show, and can't wait to see Bob and the boys again. B+

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the cure performing live without
any keyboards, is just wrong.

as much as i love the original
members to come together, the
keys are an element that cannot
be left out.

its the cure rule, at least
in my book.

it was like with Eric A. left
Jane's Addiction, and an element
was gone. Even Flea wasn't able
to replace him. But at least
the sound of JA was there.

(i'm being defensive as a fellow pianist)

About Me

My photo
I play records at WXRT in Chicago. 93.1 on the FM dial. 93xrt.com as well.